Monday, April 27, 2009

Mir's Cheap Graduation Announcement


Hello Family, just thought you might want to know:

I'm about to complete another degree, this time a B.S. in Psychology from the U of U. 3.97 GPA (Suma Cum Laude level) and all that sort of thing. (I've worked hard, durn it!)

The commencement is May 8, 9:00 a.m. in the Jon M. Huntsman Center and will be broadcast Saturday, May 9th, at 5:30pm on KUED, but I WON'T BE THERE. I have decided against attending the commencement because this is only a mid-point in my re-entrance to education and I didn't feel like doing the whole cap and gown thing just yet.

If all goes as planned I'll be taking a short break and then starting the clinical and health psychology doctoral program, and in about 5 years from now I'll be graduating again with my Ph.D. If I get to that point, I assure you that I SHALL attend commencement, and I shall throw a party for all of my family and friends!

*Cheers*
Miriam

2 comments:

  1. Mir--That is so great!!! Very proud of you and that GPA is AMAZING!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! We are so proud of our Mimsy! You truely are amazing! Hang tough! Five little years goes by one way or another! You can do it and we shall party!

    ReplyDelete